Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gold, Silver, Bronze, Needle


As I’m watching the Olympics of these determined athletes, I can’t help but think, they all need some serious acupuncture. Too much of me? Am I turning into the mad-scientist-acupuncturist? All these wipe outs, back-bends, and muscling tears, not to mention the tears-of-defeat of most of the competitors. I can just imagine the micro-tears throughout their musculoskeletal system; their Achilles tendons are screaming, help me! help me! help me!

I’m sure they have acupuncturists at hand, yet how many of these athletes actually utilize acupuncture consistently to heal their muscle injuries, replenish their depleted energy, and mentally focus for tomorrow’s competition? Do they really know how well they can heal and improve muscle tone with acupuncture? I just want to pack-up my needles and passport, head off to Vancouver, and camp out at the lodge of Team USA. I want to treat every athlete to nourish their muscles, increase their agility, and revitalize their energy...and maybe get a lovely pix with each athlete; Evan Lysacek, LOVE YOU!

So to my fellow Americans in Vancouver reaching for the gold, go out there and be a monster-to-be-reckoned-with, keep in mind to rest and replenish at the end of the day and treat your aches-n-pains with some yummy acupuncture!


No comments:

Post a Comment