Thursday, November 11, 2010


Celebrated my birthday a few days ago and the first thing on my mind were to ‘goof off’. I did a great job of doing just that and it didn’t bother me one bit to be unproductive and care less. I relished and bathed in the action of playing just for playings sake.

Now I do this about every once a year at the same time. It’s not enough. We should all incorporate ‘goofing off’ into our lives as a means to reward ourselves for work weeks well done, projects and deadlines completed, and to melt the stress and tension we create for ourselves on a consistent basis.

Think of it as healing and medicine for the soul; to allow our body to reconnect with our mind after being desensitized from the daily grind, to break any cycle of micro-trauma that we may have encountered and wants to be released, to regain our sense of sanity and purpose for the greater good.

So give yourself permission to have fun. Renew your senses, morale, and body. Do what it is that feels like you’re playing hooky and really enjoy it! Life is meant to be fun, allow it to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment