Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Force Be With-IN You


Often times when patients come to my office and receive an acupuncture treatment for the first time, they can be a bit nervous and apprehensive which is absolutely understandable. I also have repeat patients who love the benefits acupuncture provides them, yet are still nervous in the beginning of each treatment.


With almost every patient of mine who receives treatment, no matter what there in for, there is one acupuncture point I love to add which helps relax, focus, and calm any anxiety or stress they have or came with. This point is located right in-between the eyebrows called Yintang. Often time’s anxiety results from watching me needle them or anticipate the needle being inserted. Yintang is a fabulous point to needle because the patient can’t see it being inserted, and hardly ever feel it since the forehead area has less nerve ending than other parts of the body.


My real reason for mentioning this is that you, at home, at work, in traffic, at the stoplight….can also reap the benefits of this acupuncture point yourself with some acupressure. There are a couple ways you can do this; one way is to gently pinch the skin between your eyebrows with your thumb and index finger, and gently press against the head, and massaging it between you fingers. This allows the tension we often hold around our eyes to decompress and relax. This also calms a busy mind and allows it to just be still. Another method is to take the pad of your thumb or middle finger and just apply gentle pressure to the area between your brows and gently rub.


I completely enjoy bringing relaxation and energy balance to my patients and myself. Did I mention I’m wearing a needle, as I write this, right now, between the brows! It’s absolutely yummy! I too want you to love the benefits this point provides and with a little acupressure to yourself, your day has become a lot more delish!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your posts. Thank you for the helpful tips on better living. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you jennifer for your comment! inspiration to share my thoughts come from people like you, ready to live a healthier you!

    ReplyDelete